Headlining In The Market For Blues is Toronzo Cannon
Toronzo Cannon and The Chicago Way LLC headlines Omaha’s Blue Fest, In The Market For Blues , on Saturday, Aug. 5th. Chicago bluesman Toronzo Cannon defies all expectations. The blistering guitarist, soulful vocalist, singular songwriter, and city bus driver fuses his muscular, rock-inspired blues guitar playing with his original, keenly detailed slice-of-life songs, blazing his blues trail. His live performances unfailingly earn him heaps of critical praise and hordes of wildly enthusiastic fans. Cannon has played major cities throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Japan. Now, with the release of “The Preacher, The Politician Or The Pimp,” Cannon builds upon the foundation he’s laid, creating and defining his vision of contemporary blues.
Cannon will perform at the Omaha Performing Arts Holland Center in the beautiful outdoor Mammel Courtyard at 8:00 PM. Seating will be provided.
Book your Stay for In The Market For Blues
*Very Limited Availability in our Room Block!*
Our hotel partner for In The Market For Blues is the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Omaha/Old Market. Located right in the heart of the festival action with the Capitol District in your front yard and the Gene Leahy Mall/Old Market in your backyard. Special room rates for festival goers are available while quantities last. Save oodles by booking your sleeping room accommodations using this link: Hilton Garden Inn
Be a VIP at In The Market For Blues & be treated like Royalty!
- VIP Perks include:
- VIP Bonus Show with Rocky Athas at The Jewell on Friday, Aug. 4th!
- VIP Air-conditioned shuttle to/from festival venues from 2 – 7 PM
- VIP Meet and Greet with select artists (TBA)
- VIP Experience Express Check-in at The Jewell on Friday, August 4th
- VIP Express Check-in on Festival Day at The Hilton Garden Inn
- VIP Exclusive Festival “Swag Bag”
- VIP Lanyard
- VIP text messages – sent the day of show only for updates to VIP experience
- VIP Experience at Hilton Garden Inn: cool off, charge your phone, light snacks & private restroom access
- VIP Reserved Front Row Seating at Main Stage – Holland Center Outdoor Mammel Courtyard for headliner Toronzo Cannon
**More VIP Experience perks may be added!**
Performing* at In The Market For Blues…
- Toronzo Cannon and The Chicago Way
- Hector Anchondo (full band and solo)
- Rocky Athas (Friday, Aug. 4 VIP show ONLY)
- Boomchank feat. Brannen Temple and Hadden Sayers
- Hurricane Ruth
- Josh Hoyer & Soul Colossal
- Kris Lager & the Assembly of Assassins
- Studebaker John & The Hawks
- Bridget Kelly Band
- Tony Holiday
- Shaw Davis & The Black Ties
- Josh Garrett Band
- Polly O’Keary and The Rhythm Method
- Midwest All-Stars w/Dustin Arbuckle & Woods
- Stranded in the City
- A tribute to The Texas Tornadoes, by SITC
- The Mezcal Brothers
- Howard Mahan
- Kevin Burt
- Leilani Kilgore
- Max Kaplan & The Magics
- Blue House with the Rent To Own Horns
- Levee Town
- The Old No. 5s
- Rascal Martinez
- Da Crabby Blues Band
- Steve Lovett Blues
- In the Pocket, Featuring Nebraska Jr.
- Coyote Bill
- All Star City Blues
- Unofficial: Sweet Tea Music
- Brother East-Brother West
- Back Alley Band
- Blue Sunday, a BluesEd Band
- The Redwoods, a BluesEd band
- Us and Them, a BluesEd band
- Vertigo, a BluesEd band
*Subject to change
Harney Street Tavern – Dubliner Pub – T-Henery’s Pub – Havana Garage – Annie’s Irish Pub Omaha – Beer Can Alley Omaha – The Jewell – Omaha Performing Arts, Holland Center Outdoor Mammel Courtyard – Mouth of the South – Performance Pavilion at Gene Leahy Mall – Box Office at Gene Leahy Mall
Saturday, August 5, 2023
SAVE THE DATE! Saturday, August 5, 2023!
Omaha’s Blues Fest, In The Market For Blues, is back with another amazing line-up of talent at multiple Old Market, Capitol District, and Downtown Omaha venues. It’s a pub crawl like no other!
Experience the fun of chasing down bands all over downtown Omaha with fellow music lovers.
In conjunction with the Blues Society of Omaha’s 25th anniversary, we are bringing excellent local and national talent to entertain and delight you. Watch this page for band, venue, hotel package, and pricing announcements. Tickets will go on sale on April 5, 2023.