Saturday, August 6, 2022
Mark your calendars for Saturday, August 6th, for what promises to be one smokin’ great time in downtown Omaha for In The Market For Blues, Omaha’s Blues Fest!
Headlining this year’s fest will be the one and only, award-winning, original “Blues Brother”, Curtis Salgado!
$20 Advance General Admission Tickets are now Available at: https://omahasbluesfest22.eventbrite.com
Individual Venues are $10 Day of Show, except the Holland Center outdoor Mammel Courtyard which requires a wristband for entry.
👑VIP EXPERIENCE 👑
Join the VIP Experience to get exclusive access to your favorite Blues Artists! Special VIP-only performance of Curtis Salgado at The Jewell on Friday, Aug. 5th.
VIP Perks include:
- VIP Bonus Show at The Jewell on Friday, August 5th
- VIP Experience Express Check-in at The Jewell on Friday, August 5th
- VIP Express Check-in on Festival Day
- VIP Lanyard
- VIP text messages – sent day of show only for updates to VIP experience
- VIP area to cool off, charge phone, light snacks & private bathroom access
- VIP Exclusive Festival “Swag Bag”
- Meet and greet with select artists (limited availability)
- Complimentary Tuk Tuk Omaha rides to all festival venues from 5 – 10 PM
- VIP reserved seating for Gene Leahy Mall Performance Pavilion concert
- VIP Main Stage – Holland Center Outdoor Mammel Courtyard – reserved front rows seating
**More VIP Experience perks may be added!**
Partial List of Performers for In The Market For Blues: *
- Shaw Davis & The Black Ties
- Shawn Pittman
- Terry Quiett Band
- Stan and The Chain Gang
- Nikki Boulay Sings Bonnie Raitt
- Matt Cox and the Marauders
- Andy Sydow
- The Soul Searchers
- Max Kaplan & The Magics
- Stranded in the City
- Kent Burnside Band
- Timo Arthur Trio
- Blue Venue
- The Dualtons
- Big Wade & Black Swan Theory
- Steve Lovett Blues Band
- Nebraska Jr.
- Tim Budig
- The Scallywags
- Stephen Hull Experience
- Coyote Bill Boogie Band
- Scott Moyer
- Blue Sunday, a BluesEd Band
- The Redwoods, a BluesEd Band
- Us and Them, a BluesEd Band
- Vertigo, a BluesEd Band
*Subject to change
Harney Street Tavern – Dubliner Pub – T-Henery’s Pub – Havana Garage & Patio – Annie’s Irish Pub Omaha – Beer Can Alley Omaha – The Jewell – Omaha Performing Arts, Holland Center Outdoor Mammel Courtyard – Gate 10 – Throwback Arcade Lounge – Mouth of the South – Performance Pavilion at Gene Leahy Mall – Box Office at Gene Leahy Mall
Bring the Family!
As part of the Blues Society of Omaha’s mission to introduce and promote Blues Music to individuals and families in the Omaha area, we are proud to offer a free component of our festival at the newly revitalized Gene Leahy Mall in the Performance Pavilion. We are delighted to be chosen as one of the very first concerts in this new event space.
Main Box office at 13th & Farnam Street – Open 11AM to 7PM
Curtis Salgado – The Original Blues Brother
Curtis Salgado, the original Blues Brother. Salgado formed a friendship with actor/comedian John Belushi in 1977 while Belushi was filming “Animal House” in Oregon. Salgado spent hours playing old records for Belushi, teaching him about blues. Belushi soaked up the music and used his new awareness and dance moves to portray “Joliet” Jake Blues in The Blues Brothers, first as a skit on “Saturday Night Live,” then a best-selling record album (which was dedicated to Curtis) and finally as a major motion picture.
OMAHA SAVED MY LIFE~ Curtis Salgado
A Homecoming for our Headliner: Curtis Salgado will perform for In The Market For Blues at the Omaha Performing Arts outdoor Mammel Courtyard at the Holland Center on Saturday, Aug. 6th. This performance is a homecoming for Curtis as he was a recipient of a transplant in 2006 at Nebraska Medicine after being turned down by 91 other transplant centers. He stayed in Nebraska for three months following his surgery and has proudly proclaimed “Omaha saved my life.”